New strategic leadership role at Leith Theatre
Thanks to generous funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Board of Directors of the Leith Theatre Trust is looking to appoint an outstanding and talented individual, with strong business and commercial acumen, and a passion for the arts to fulfil the exciting new role of Executive Director.
We are looking for a confident leader who will inspire, motivate and support staff, audiences and stakeholders through a period of considerable transition and opportunity for the Leith Theatre.
The Executive Director will be responsible for strategic and commercial leadership, change management and innovation. In consultation with the Board of Directors, the Director will lead and deliver the strategic objectives of Leith Theatre Trust.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To develop a high-quality business strategy and plans and in alignment with short and long term objectives, to maintain the commercial and creative direction of the Trust.
- To oversee all operations and business activities to ensure desired results are met and aligned with the overall strategy, vision and mission.
- To oversee and ensure financial management of Leith Theatre Trust, the implementation of the business plan, comprehensive management accounts, financial reporting and fulfillment of statutory requirements.
- To review financial and non-financial reports to ensure continual improvement and effectiveness.
- To develop and implement commercial income streams and public/private investment, to build a sustainable future for Leith Theatre Trust.
- To attend and report at meetings of the Board of Directors, its committees and working groups; to ensure the timely report of Board papers; to communicate appropriate information to the Board on all matters relevant to the discharge of its governance and other responsibilities; to maintain an open and strong working relationship with the Directors, facilitating their engagement, both as a Board and individually with LTT and its work.
- To lead, inspire, empower, mentor and motivate staff to advance employee engagement to maintain a high performing team.
- To oversee the recruitment, professional development, management and performance of LTT’s staff ensuring alignment and compliance with LTT’s objectives and policies to demonstrate best practice.
- To ensure LTT’s staffing structure is responsive to the step change required for the needs of the business and conducive to effective team working.
- To maintain the highest level of awareness of the arts and events sectors with a thorough knowledge of the commercial environment in which LTT operates.
- To represent LTT as an ambassador at all times including networking events, conferences, meetings with political and community representatives etc., continually creating and maintaining positive business relations with key partners and stakeholders.
- To maintain the high profile of the organisation in association with the press and media.
- To monitor and evaluate all business activities and operate a positive solution-based approach.
- To operate in a transparent manner and demonstrate the importance of business ethics at all times.
- To ensure resources and systems are in place to adequately support operations and meet business continuity requirements.
- Other duties as operationally required and at the discretion of the Board.
For further information about the role please download the attached person specification. To apply, please e-mail a full CV and a covering letter profiling why you are interested in this position and setting out how your skills and experience match the criteria required for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org. If relevant, please state in your covering email if there is anything that we need to do or take into consideration to ensure that the short-listing process is fair. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th August at 12pm.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat about the role please contact email@example.com