Leith Theatre Trust is looking for enthusiastic bartenders to join our tight knit team and deliver excellent customer service during a busy summer season of events including Hidden Door Weekender and the return of Edinburgh International Festival.
This position is an Hourly rate of £8.21, on a zero hour contract for the summer months We are looking for numerous staff, so can potentially work around existing obligations if only certain nights/days are available for you to join us.
This is a diverse, exciting and innovative Venue. The bartenders’ responsibilities will be to operate “Pop up” bars and staff will be required to work in a variety of differing environments + set up and collapse bar sets.
• Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
• Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
• Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
• Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
• Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
• Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
• Balancing cash receipts
• Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
• Adhering to the 5 Aims of Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
• Following good housekeeping guidance and ensuring spills on floors and breakages are cleared quickly and responsibly
• Organising the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
• Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies
• Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
• Complying with all food and beverage regulations
• Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour
• Bar set up, lifting stock and glassware
• Working under pressure in a high demand environment
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants should be well organised and very punctual. Training or experience with bartending, strong communication skills, good English language skills, positive attitude, personable demeanour, multitasking, attention to detail, organisation, ability to stand for long periods, strong observational skills, conflict resolution, computer literacy, second language a plus, Scottish personal license holder a plus.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY THURSDAY 23rd May 2019!